If you would like to encrypt ALL email you send from Microsoft Outlook, please follow the steps below. This guide assumes that you:
- Have already created API access credentials,
- And, have an existing POP3 or IMAP account configured in Microsoft Outlook
Note: Some screens may look slightly different depending on which version of Outlook you have.
1. Click on ‘File, Account Settings,’ then ‘Account Settings’ again.
2. Select the email account in the list and then click ‘Change.’
3. Enter ‘smtp.protectedtrust.com’ in the box for ‘Outgoing mail server (SMTP).’
4. Click the ‘More Settings’ button.
5. On the ‘Outgoing Server tab’, select ‘Log on using’ and then copy the ‘Access ID’ and ‘Access Key’ you created previously ‘(click here for instructions)‘ into the ‘User Name’ and ‘Password boxes.’
6. On the ‘Advanced’ tab, enter ‘587’ for the ‘Outgoing server (SMTP)’ port and select ‘TLS’ for the type of encrypted connection.
7. Click ‘OK’ to save your settings.
8. Click ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’ to save your changes. It may perform a test to verify your settings when you click Next. If there are any failures with your outgoing mail server, correct the settings.
Now, when Outlook sends an email, it will be transmitted through the Protected trust Email Encryption server and delivered securely.
If you have any issue please do not hesitate to contact our support team.